GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

ran out of gas, filled tank ,no start

ran out of gas, filled tank ,no start

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle,

Can you hear the pump running in the tank?

Often running out of fuel on an older car will finish the pump off. The fuel the pump is in acts as a coolant and once that goes, it overheats the pump and causes it to fail. The good news on yours is if the pump does need replacing, there is an access under the carpet in the trunk that you can use to get at it and change it out.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i did hear the fuel pump running, i never heard the fuel pump running , when the car was running

it just ran out of gas as i pulled into a gas station

I would still check the pressure and see, 50+ psi is needed so if that is not there, then it will nt go.