Bill
Bill, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician

Pontiac G6 I just replaced battery in 2007 Pontiac G6 and

Customer Question

I just replaced battery in 2007 Pontiac G6 and now it still won't start. I keep getting "charger parked". Can you help me?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied with my answers.

First off do you have a cranks but won't start condition or does the vehicle not crank/not make any noise at all when you turn the ignition on. Do you have a security light on and also do the other electrical accessories on the vehicle work ok.

Thanks

Bill

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no crank at all. With the reomte stater everything comes on but nothing happens
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

So the starter is not engaging at all with the key or with the remote start and again, is the security light on in the dash or flashing when you try to start the vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it flashes when i try so start it and that is when the charger parked comes on
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Ok try this procedure and let me know if there is a problem afterwards.

As far as the changer parked message. That is normal. Press the CD load button on your radio to reset it.

• With a master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  • Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
  • Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  • Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

Important: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

• With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and/or the ECM has now learned the fuel continue password.
  • Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    that did not work
    Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Which part did not work?

If you are referring to the theft light/no crank make sure you followed the procedure to the letter and also the battery is fully charged. Try it again and if it does not work then we will need a scan tool to read theft system data and see if a voltage spike took out the module.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    i did try it a second time and still did not work
    Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Now we need a scan tool for fault codes and to read theft system data.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    how do we do that?
    Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

It is a special tool to read vehicle data and fault codes. Many cheap code readers are available at auto parts stores which my pull a fault code but may not read data. This may or may not help in this case. I'm suspecting a voltage spike may have taken out the body control module which may need to be replaced and reprogrammed using dealer equipment.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    so my best bet now would be to bring it to a dealer?
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    I can pick up a scan tool if you think that may help
    Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

I cannot suggest who to bring the vehicle to, I'm mererly saying computer equipment is required at this point to read system data, fault codes and diagnose the system further. The system is comprised of a theft module,body control module and a powertrain control module sharing data over low and high speed serial data lines. If you have a theft light on and the relearn procedure does not work after a battery replacement then it is possible a module has been spiked and may require replacement.

Cheers

Bill