GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Pontiac Sunfire How do you reset an anti-theft protection

How do you reset an anti-theft protection in my car?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 6 years ago.

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle,

Turn the key on, with the engine OFF.Try to start the engine, then release the key to ON, Engine will not start. Watch the security telltale, after about 10 mins, it will turn OFF.

Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. You must turn the ignition OFF for 30 seconds before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine .