Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master

I am replacing the water pump on a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix..

I am replacing the water pump on a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.. There is one bolt that is behind the power steering pump pulley. My question is the pulley on a threaded shaft or does the shaft itself thread in? And what is the best way to take it off if possible?
what size engine do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the way to get that water pump bolt out is threw the power steering pulley there is a hole in the pulley threw that hole at @ 12:00 position you can go threw that hole with a 12 or 13 mil socket and remove the upper power steering pump bolt then turn the pulley so the hose is at the 6:00 position there is a lower bolt threw the pulley to remove.after both bolts are out the power steering pump will be loose.just move it out of the way and you will be able to get the hidden bolt out