zzdaryl
zzdaryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

2002 pontiac grand prix gt: humming noise..power steering fluid

2002 pontiac grand prix gt makes a humming noise when i turn. i thought maybe it was low on power steering fluid then realized there is no power steering fluid resovoir. What would cause this noise?
Are you moving or standing still when this noise happens?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Mainly moving. The noise isnt as bad when standing still. I have never owned a car that didnt have a power steering box so I don't know if this is normal.

This car has a rack and pinion, there is a power steering reservoir it is way in the rear of the engine on the belt end of the engine. I would check that fluid first if that seems to be good I would suspect that the problem is a wheel bearing they are very common to go bad on this vehicle and often will make more noise when turning.