Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified

My sunroof is stuck open. How do I get it closed.

Customer Question

Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 years ago.

Here is a tsb on 2001 Pontiac Grand Am sunroof will not close, click here. "This condition may be due to the sunroof motor. Remove the headliner, Jumper Pin #1 and Pin #8 on the sunroof express module.

Notice: Avoid operating the sunroof glass to the full open position. Since the limit switch
has a jumper across it, there will be no indication to the sunroof module to stop the glass at the full open soft stop. The glass can slide past the full open position, possibly
damaging the sunroof assembly and/or the roof.

With the ignition ON, push the sunroof switch to the close position to fully seat the
sunroof. If this action fully closes the sunroof, replace the sunroof motor only."

Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 years ago.

Perhaps there is a procedure in here for closing the sunroof, click here. I am still searching.