Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

How do i put freon in my pontiac sunfire?

Customer Question

how do i put freon in my pontiac sunfire?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Ok, you will add the refrigerent to the low pressure side. The low pressure port is located on the ac line going into the accumulator(#1 in below diagram). Its about 6" before the accumulator. If you look close at the diagram, you will see a port sticking out from the line just before the accumulator.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

You turn the engine on and turn ac on. connect hose from the refrigerent can to the low pressure port and open the valve on the can. Turn can upside down while adding refrigerent to system

Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask for more help. Otherwise please click the accept button to pay for services rendered per the customer agreement as this is a paysite and expert is not paid for their time, experience, and any factory directions until you do so. Thank you and have a good day