Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

200 bonneville: does not have a drain plug on my radiator..other cars

Customer Question

my 200 bonneville does not have a drain plug on my radiator, although I have flushed my radiators on other cars w/ plugs, I now find myself w/ a radiator that desperately needs flushing. I am not sure about how and where to disconnect the upper and lower hoses and the proper way to drain and flush the system using the hose disconnect method Any help or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated Thank You for your time and knowledge Peace, Lisa Gehm
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.

The radiator does have a drain plug. It is on the bottom of the drivers side radiator tank. There is a hole in the plastic panel below the radiator. You can insert a socket up through the hole to open the drain. The socket will either be an 18mm or 19mm size.

Arrow points to drain.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DaveOk Thanks for thaat info...NowI never looked under before someone else did that told me they didn't see the plug, and I knew from research that some pontiacs don't, I assumed they were right....but now that I crawled under there lol They could not have seen anything....because not to sound like a girl and ask a dumb ? but don't you have to remove the plastic underneath shied w/ the plug fasteners to even tell...sorry if I sound stupid haven't crawlwd around cars since the 70's lol I am also replacing my headliner and can report that it looks great...if I had two or three more to do they would be fantastic lol anyway guess the ? is removele of plastic shield and best way to remve the plugs without killing them or should I put new back in? Thanks XXXXX Lisa
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
There is a hole about 1" in diameter that you can access the drain plug through. If you cannot find the hole in the panel, remove the panel. Each of the plastic clips in the panel will have to be removed to get the panel down. To remove the plastic clips, pull out on the center portion of each clip, then remove the outer portion.
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dave thanks for everything ~~I have to remove the panel on my model ...but thats ok ...got enough down already to know the plug is right there ~~~=) Thanks so much for your expert help...guess I could have asked at the auto parts store...but this was much easier~~ I could go between you and the car....Thanks again Peace Lisa Gehm
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
You are welcome. Thanks for using Just Answer.