john aka eaut
john aka eaut, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech

My 2002 Sunfire wont start It was working fine the day before,

My 2002 Sunfire won't start? It was working fine the day before, but in the morning it wouldn't start. The engine cranks over & over but won't start. I've checked for service codes with an OBD2 scanner but none were present. I replaced the following: spark plugs & wires, ignition coils, ignition control module, PCM, fuel filter, air filter, changed oil & filter. There is spark at the plug but I only see 2 sparks then there is nothing. The fuel pump turns on and I can smell fuel on the plug.
is the security light on? do you have access to a scanner with live data?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi thanks for your response. You obviously didn't read the whole question. An OBD2 scanner was used to access the CPM and like I said before there weren't any. The Crank Position sensor seems to be the most likely culprit. I removed the retaining bolt but the sensor was stuck. I tried pulling on it with a pliers and it broke. Now the car is on its way to a repair shop because we have to drop the oil pan &/or possibly take of the air intake manifold just to make room to work on it.

thats why i asked you if you had a scanner that shows LIVE DATA

if you do you would be able to watch cam and crank signal.

so a obd code puller and a true diagnostic scanner arer 2 different things. One pulls codes , a good one you can watch fuel trim, o2 sensors switching, coolant temp, vehicle speed and rpm etc etc etc

but i would say it is likley a crank sensor with a crack in it