Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2001 grand prix: What would the price of the tune up price range be

What does a major tune up for a 2001 grand prix with a 3.1 engine? What would the price of the tune up price range be?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
It is about a 1.5 hour job and the parts are around $100 so it will come to around $250 total. That is for spark plugs and wires. And air filter and pcv valve may also be included which could add $10-$20.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank u so my quote was good for220.I was told I need my radiator remove and flush inside and out and a new water pump for 260 is that about right? A egr value and trodle senor also and just to do the egr value 160
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Those are very fair prices. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank u so very much! My reason for asking is someelse gave me prices that was much less like 150 for the tune up and the water pump job but I was concern about the part they were going to use may not be a good product. Once again thank you so much
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.

The price may very a little depending on shop rate and where parts are from. But the orignal price was a fair price but someone else is willing to do it cheaper, I'd say save some money.