Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Horn in my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am doesnt work when pushing the

Horn in my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am doesnt work when pushing the steering wheel, but the horn does work when you press the panic button on the key remote. Tried replacing Horn Relay but horn still does not work. What is the problem?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 years ago.

Sounds like this will be a problem inside the Steering Column at the Horn Switch or Horn Slip Ring (the part that makes contact with Steering Wheel when it is turned
Removal of Steering Wheel & components will be needed to check

Prior to removal, you may want to find the BLACK - Horn wire located at the Steering Column Harness & "briefly" apply a Ground - to the BLACK - Horn wire to confirm it is inside the Steering Column