Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

My Pontiac Vibe was tested and P0607 Control Module Performance

My Pontiac Vibe 2006 was tested and P0607 Control Module Performance was indicated as a fault.
While driving suddently car stopped. Is it possible to fix this problem by my husband- if yes which parts he should check and where they are located. How approximately the repair of this problem might cost in case profesional service is requiered ?

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

That code is internal with the PCM, (powertrain control module) and it would need to be replaced.

They are all pretty close to the same price and the labor, (with programming) is the same. The factory warranty would not cover it, being that it's 4 years old, (3/36)

Parts Information
Part OEM Part Price
Engine Control Module
ECM
Manual Trans
5 Speed 88974763 $326.24 Notes
6 Speed 88974389 $467.81 Notes
Auto Trans
Without GT
Without Active Brake 88974696 $360.54 Notes
With Active Brake 19184258 $317.40 Notes
Labor Skill
Level
Mfg.
Warranty
Standard
Engine Control Module
Replace
ECM B 0.6 0.8 Notes
Reset
ECM, Reprogram B 0.0 0.6

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. My question is what cause is of this problem ? The car is pretty new and so much problems already.
As with any electronic component the PCM can go bad at any time. Sometimes if they are rained on, or the vehicle gets flooded, they will go bad. Then again, sometimes they just go bad without any explanation as to why. There are some that have gone bad much newer than that. I have seen some, right off the truck that needed to be replaced, (not on the Vibe though) on other GM products.