Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

1995 Pontiac Bonneville: speedometer..cluster works..somewhere..hood

Customer Question

The speedometer in my 1995 Pontiac Bonneville has stopped working. The rest of the cluster works. I tried checking the fuses, but since the rest works.... is there somewhere under the hood to check for fuses? Any ideas?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
There is an additional fuse panel under the passenger side of the dash. Check these and let me know what you find. Not likely going to be a fuse problem since the other gauges work. Does the transmission seem to shift normally? Does the cruise control still work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Checked those fuses too. Was wondering if there were any fuses under the hood? The transanxle seems to be shifting fine. It's pretty new, maybe 2-3 years old, rebuilt I believe. No cruise either. Nope Nope. SUCKS! Lol. If I knew anything about cars, I would have checked the cable running to the transmission already....but I'm a dummy and I don't know much, or how to find it. Would be lucky to point out the transmission. LOL. Thank u.

Amber

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
The speedometer is not cable operated. It is electronic. Since the cruise control does not work, the problem is likely a bad vehicle speed sensor. This sensor is located on the transmission.