tristan
tristan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
10186415

2000 Pontiac Sunfire, standard engine. Timing chain replaced

2000 Pontiac Sunfire, standard engine. Timing chain replaced last year and they didn't reconnect the fuel regulator vacuum hose. Where is it? Can you tell me where it comes from so I can replace it?
the vacuum hose run from the regulator to the throttle body, unfortunately there are no pictures available. good luck. and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me what effect having this disconnected might have on the car? It seems to run fine without it.

the fuel pressure can be adjusted, if will stay at high pressure at all times so when doing stop and go driving, you will burn more fuel and go threw spark plugs sooner. if you don't fix it make sure you use those fuel injector gas treatments yearly to help prevent carbon build up on the injectors and valves. good luck. and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN