Billy
Billy, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
12771247

2004 grand prix: the type of fasteners to remove the old resistor

Customer Question

how to remove 2004 grand prix blower motor resistor? Fasteners? I have the new resisitor plugged in but I don't recognize the type of fasteners to remove the old resistor.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

This vehicle does not have a blower motor resistor. The job of fan speed is controled by the Blower Motor Control Processor. It's like a blower resistor, just smarter. The controler is located under the passenger's side dash, mounted to the HVAC housing. It's held in place by a couple of 7mm bolts.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does have a blower motor resistor GM part #br263. I have changed it but can't get the old one out, it is not screws, bolts. It appears to be some type of rivet but the center pin does not push in or out and the outer edge resembles a very hard o-ring. I am guessing it must be drilled out bt that doesn't make much sense.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

Ok. I am going to opt-out and forward your question to another Tech that may better assist you. Sit tight one sec, someone will be right with you...

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer,

Here is the procedure you are looking for. Good luck.
If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button, otherwise I don't get reimbursed for my time. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
Best regards,
Billy.

Blower Motor Control Module Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the right side I/P insulator.

2. Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower control module.
  4. Remove the two heat stakes from the blower control module using a small chisel.
  5. Remove the blower control module.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the blower control module.
  2. Install the two new screws in the pre drilled holes to the side of the heat stakes in the blower control module and the HVAC module assembly.
  3. Tighten
    Tighten the screws to 1.5 N·m (13 lb in).

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

4. Connect the electrical connector to the blower control module.
  5. Install the right side I/P insulator.
Billy, Pontiac Technician
Experience: Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello again,

Please let me know if the information I have forwarded to you have helped you at all and if you need more information please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Billy.