ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Technician GM certified
Experience:  ASE Master L1 GM certified, 30 years experience
11302663

2002 pontiac montana: power windows, interior lights none..fuses

2002 pontiac montana power locks, power windows, interior lights none of them work and its not the fuses I checked all of them with a VOM. Also the radio used to continue to play after I turned off the key until I opened a door now it shuts off as soon as turn off the key. Also the rear flap windows don't work either. HELP PLEASE
Submitted: 4 years ago via AllDataDIY.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  ironmike replied 4 years ago.

greetings,

did you check the fuse block under the hood for a bad connection or a pin that pulled out?did you get the vehicle scanned for codes?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have checked the fuse box under the hood for loose connections I pulled it out turned it upside down took off the protective cover on the bottom and checked all the connections. Also checked all the fuses in that box. No I have not had any codes pulled. Also the remote lock unlock doesn't work all this started at the same time. Could this be a power control module if so where is it what does it look like. I have also taken out the Pass seat to check the wire harness from there to the front and re spliced some of the correded splices that already existed they apparently have gotten wet some time. I saw a post online that sugested to look there for the problem first. The problem is I can't get the fact of the radio not working after turning off the key and it used to so there must be some relay that stays enguaged until you open the door. The same was true with the windows they used to work even if the key was turned off until I opened the door.
Expert:  ironmike replied 4 years ago.
that is what I was thinking. The bcm controls many systems and with the radio issue it may be the problem. That is why I asked for codes. Lets get it scanned and let me know what you find. the bcm is below the R/H side of the instrument panel.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is that next to the glove box?
Expert:  ironmike replied 4 years ago.

yes

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As you must know I can't get the codes pulled tonight but I will in the Am so if this isn't the problem will I be able to continue to get your expertise tomorrow and will I have to pay again.
Expert:  ironmike replied 4 years ago.
no problem, when you can I will be here. I check all the time my e-mails.
Experience: ASE Master L1 GM certified, 30 years experience
Expert:  ironmike replied 4 years ago.
as long as you keep contact between 2 days it stays open

Edited by ironmike on 4/3/2010 at 2:55 AM EST