Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

2001 Pontiac Grand Am: tune..air conditioner re..change oil light

I took my 2001 Pontiac Grand Am in for a tune-up and an air conditioner re-charge.\r\n
Since then, the coolant light and the change oil light is on...

Is there something they could have left off during the work that caused this??
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 years ago.

Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

the change oil light is on to tell you that its time to change out your engine oil,if you already had this done recently then the light needs to be reset,your owners manula should direct you on how to reset this light on your specific vehicle.As for the coolant light your vehicle may be low on coolant and could be causing this light to come on,you can check your coolant levell in your radiator and resevoir to make sure its full if it si then you may have a faulty coolant level sensor in your resevoir or they unplugged this sensor and caused this light to come on.You can check this by looking at your coolant resevoir and on the side of it or under neath it should be a sensor with a single wiring connector,make sure this connector is plugged in.if you are low on coolant thenmost likely you have a coolant leak in the engine area or radiator,you will have to have this pressure tested to see if you can locate and repair the leak.They could have caused a coolant leak if they bumped a hose connection or similar.I hope this information helped,if you need anything else let me know,if you feel satisfied that I have assisted please click the accept answer button as this is how I get paid,positive feedback is appreciated,Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I think they may have caused a coolant leak because the level was midway when I took it to them and now it's completely empty. Is this likely during the tune-up and air conditioning re-charge process?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 years ago.
no this shouldnt have happened,i woud take this back to them and have them re check their work to see if they have left something loose or broke something,most likley this could have happened.There should not have been any coolant drained out or any pipes disconnected when they did the tune up.I hope this information helped,if you need anything else let me know,if you feel satisfied that I have assisted please click the accept answer button as this is how I get paid,positive feedback is appreciated,Thanks Pete.