GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2005 Pontiac Bonneville. The Rear & Front Passenger

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Pontiac Bonneville. The Rear(both Sides) & Front Passenger Power Windows & Locks do not work. Also the interior lights do not come on when opening those doors, and the passenger power mirror does not work. It is like those doors are not getting any power. I have replaced the drivers side window switch, and check the power window regulators and they seem to be fine.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 6 years ago.
Welcome. THese doors use a network all to them selves. THis network runs through from each of the door modules in the doors to the drivers door. This network controls the locks, windows and all the functions you have missing. IF you have verified proper power on the thick orange wires and good grounds, then this network is the next thing to look at. Check the wires in the door boots, and at the splice pack.

In the body harness, left side of the vehicle, approximately 14.5 cm (5.7 in) from the left power seat breakout

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: FS

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So to be clear, what am I checking with this "network" under the seat? Am I just cleaning the connection etc and reconnecting it?
YOu need to check the condition of the wire between all the modules. Unplug and test the resistance, and yes, check that connection.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not see any connection between under the drivers seat. I have the seat out and the carpet pulled completely back all the way. The wire harness is there and what looks to be a set of ground wires in a plug, but that is it....Please advise.

THis is under the rear seat, #3 is the connection.

Object Number: 575851  Size: MF

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I see that one #3, it also appears to be a grounding block. That looks good. The splice you reference in the original answer I don't see(the one you show under the drivers seat).

I find it hard to believe there would be a pinched wire in all the doors at the same time. So I really want to check that connection whereever it is.

Please advise?

Please stick with me on this, if we can pull this off, I am willing to pay your bonus whatever you would like that to be.

IT could be a single one of the branches that is grounded.

THis splice is not under the drivers seat, it is under the rear seat by the rear fuse block.

What I would do is get the splice apart and then find the branch to the drivers door. With it on, connect one branch at a time to see if one of the other doors works. The one that does not is the area to start looking.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
And by splice you mean the #3 that is grounded to the body??
OK, this does not make sense. That should not be a ground. WHat are the wire colours going into it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are either black or black with a white stripe, There are no other plugs I see

OK, I have to appoligise. I made an error. I was looking at a splice pack sp302 not splice s302. What we are after is in the picture below, #4. This will be in the harness behind the drivers seat.

Object Number: 596773  Size: LF

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not see any junction/plug in the harness there??
THis will be very small, not a plug, rather 4 wires of the same colour that go into one small spot with crimp and tape. It will be in the harness with the other wires.