Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

My 2007 pontiac G6 factory alarm goes off randomly by itself

My 2007 pontiac G6 factory alarm goes off randomly by itself all the time. I had to remove the fuse bc it was going off none stop. It goes off with or without me locking the car with the remote. Any suggestions on why it would be doing this please let me know. thanks alot.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 years ago.

If you lock the doors with the Remote "or" at the Door Panel Lock Button, the Alarm will "set" (arm)
Typically falsing can be caused from Door Switches, Trunk Switch, Hood Switch & sometimes devices left plugged in, like Radar Detector, Cell Phone, IPOD, etc.

The quickest way to find the problem is with the use of Dealer Scan Tool.
They can scan vehicle for Trouble Codes, test the BCM & other related components to find the problem

The only way you can narrow it down, is to disconnect Trunk Switch, Hood Switch & Door Switches to see if one of them is the cause. Otherwise it may be a defective BCM

If you need further, please ask
If not, please click ACCEPT

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When it starts to go off the display on my radio says changer parked. What does that mean?

changer parked = CD Changer or CD in stop position

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So why would that make my alarm go off. It doesn't make sense.

Did you not read my answer above?

You will need to test all switches.
If switches test good, then the BCM is probably the fault.
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to confirm.
This is not going to be easy, as you will need a Volt / Ohm Meter & access the Door, Hood & Trunk Switches