Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2007 pontiac G6: open trunk..trunk-- checked fuses 22 and 23 bot good

2007 pontiac G6, button on remote and button on door will not open trunk-- checked fuses 22 and 23 bot good??? Key will--

In the rear fuse panel, there is a fuse 22 for the trunk and a relay labeled TRUNK. Check this fuse, then check to see if this relay clicks when the trunk release button is pushed. Let me know what you find.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Fuse is good--- relay click's when we push key fob and also button in door-- but wont release trunk lid-- Dave
If the fuse is good and the relay clicks, the problem is in the actuator at the trunk. Open the trunk and check for power on the tan/white wire at the actuator. Some trunks have a shutoff switch on the trunk latch, if yours is equipped with a switch make sure it is on. If you have power to the actuator and it will not open, replace the actuator.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK-- I PUT A METER ON THE WHITE WIRE AND PUSHED THE TRUNK RELEASE BUTTON AND THERE WAS A QUICK 12 VOLT SURGE-- SO I AM ASSUMING IT IS THE ACTUATOR--- IF THERE WAS A SHUT OFF SWITCH WOULDN'T IT STOP THE POWER BEFORT THE ACTUATOR OR IS IT MACHANICAL ON THE ACTUAL ACTUATOR-- IF ON THE UNIT WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR????
The shutoff would be an ON/OFF lever on the trunk latch, if you have one. Since you are getting power back to the actuator and it will not open, the actuator is bad and needs to be replaced.