Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

grand prix: my 04..thermostat..heater hoses are getting hot..warm air

Customer Question

my heater in my 04 grand prix does not blow hot air, the thermostat is good and the heater hoses are getting hot to reason there is circulation. it will blow warm air when engine temp is at opperating range and at hiway speeds butt only on low fan speed- any tips?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like either the heater core is partially clogged, the water pump is getting worn, or there is air in the cooling system. You can disconnect the hoses going to the heater core and use a garden hose to flush them from both directions and that should take care of your problem. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.