hauto
hauto, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SELF EMPLOYED TECH, RAN MY OWN SHOP, HAVE 15 YEARS OF HANDS ON EXPERINCE
24868125

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI: car died..the security system light come

I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI, we bought it used in July. Last week the car died, we had AAA come out and they put in a new battery. In the last few days the check battery icon came on the dash and the warning system said to check the charge system and the security system light come on too. Can you tell me what the problem might be? According to the book, it could be anything, can you narrow down my search?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  hauto replied 7 years ago.
In this case it's the alternator not doing it's job(charging the battery). all the battery connection should be checked for looseness and corrosion. if all good, the alternator should be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is there some sort of computer reset application that could be done? I do have an appt on Monday but I was really hoping not to spend money that I don't have.

Expert:  hauto replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately no, when it's faulty the alternator has to be replaced or rebuild. Sorry