Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, auto mechanic
Experience:  over 40 years experience

2008 Pontiac Solstice: warning light speedometer

I have a 2008 Pontiac Solstice. This morning while driving into work the ESC Traction Control warning light illuminated with a "Service Traction Control" message in the computer display. I lost function of my speedometer and Tip A & B odometers. I pulled over, shut off the car, and restarted the car. When I did that the alarm was removed and the Trip odometers reset. What do you think happened?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 6 years ago.
Hi, you are going to have to get the fault codes read with the use of a Tech 2 scanner or a factorty level scan tool with proper software.This would point you in the direction of any needed reparis. It may be a vehicle speed sensor or problem in the circuit, this sensor is used as an input by both the traction control,and speedometer.