tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs

2000 pontiac bonneville ssei: spark plugs..coil..i check the injectors

Customer Question

i have a 2000 pontiac bonneville ssei i change the spark plugs to ac delco all my wires seem to be fine i check the coil and they are working fine. i check vacum and they are good. i check the injectors and all chage the motor when you disconnect them and then put them back. I have recently put a crank shaft positon sensor in my self. It has a rough idle and when you are taking of it has a misfire and it goes and comes as your driving what is my problem?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 4 years ago.

hi

check your fuel presure regulator..sometimes the diaphram will bust on these and raw fuel will go through the vacuum line

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so you say check the fuel pressure regulator? That would cause this to do that and i dont have any codes!

yes it can cause this with out giveing a code..if it is good.then the problem may be the ignition module..it is located under the coils

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a way to check the fuel pressure regulator before i replace it and i will take the igniton module of today and go have it tested i bought a new one not to long ago!

well/

if the diapram is busted..you could disconnect the vacuum hose that gos to it,,and see if it smells like raw fuel has been going through the line

thank

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hey well i thank you for your time and answering all my questions i hope this is it cause im really getting tired of spending money in this car lol time to go nissan!

i hope you get it,,,stay away from nissan..lol,,we see mre problems with nissan and vw then any

thanks

tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience: owns a repair shop...25yrs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My dad said he check the fuel pressure regulator in the vacum line and smelled no fuel where do i go from here?

well

sense you arent getting a code..the problem may be the ignition module,,did you get it tested?