GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

May have a vacuum leak how to find and change 2001 pontiac bonneville

Customer Question

i may have a vacuum leak how to find and change 2001 pontiac bonneville
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for asking your question. I look forward to helping you fix your vehicle.

I will try my best to help you and in order to do that, I need you to describe the issue in as much detail because I only know as much about your vehicle as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Please include all the small details that may seem insignificant such as warning light or noises.

My goal is your satisfaction and I ask that you not accept unless you are satisfied, but if you are satisfied, please accept so I can receive credit for my work and time. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and bonuses are always welcomed.

Please feel free to reply as needed.
The way I check for a vacuum leak is with a can of carb cleaner. I spray it around the intake and all the vacuum sources. IF the engine stumbles, you know you have a leak there.

What issue are you having and what codes.

GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i don' have the codes. i ran the car low on gas after that it started jerking and stopping at low rpm, i change the type of gas also the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. the list auto zone gave had those items on it, it also said to check a vacuum leak, we here a sucking noise in the engine like it is sucking in air.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when you spray the carb cleaner is the car on
Yes, you need to hear how the engine runs to see if there is a leak when the spray hits it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks

Please don't hesitate to reply if you need more information on this. Also if you're able to get the engine codes if there were any, post them and I will definitely continue to help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i have them at home i will send later today thank you so much
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how long are you online today
I will be on and off all day long. I'm on mountain standard time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok i'm central it will be 4pm my time

thanks again

OK.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
troubleshooting code from autozone is p0102

Ok, that is a mass air flow sensor issue. Below is a link to the diagnosis.

HERE IS LINK

GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks again

No problem