GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville: you reset the ABS/Trac light on the dashboard

How do you reset the ABS/Trac light on the dashboard of a 2002 Pontiac Bonneville?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for asking your question. I look forward to helping you fix your vehicle.

I will try my best to help you and in order to do that, I need you to describe the issue in as much detail because I only know as much about your vehicle as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Please include all the small details that may seem insignificant such as warning light, codes that you have scanned and how this started. I will also try my hardest to help you avoid a dealer or shop, but with the modern vehicles an electronics, there may come a point that we cannot avoid this, and if that is the case, I will tell this.

My goal is your satisfaction and I ask that you not accept unless you are satisfied, but if you are satisfied, please accept so I can receive credit for my work and time. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and bonuses are always welcomed.

Please feel free to reply as needed.

To clear the code you will need to correct the issue. Often on these cars the issue is the front wheel bearings or the harness that runs from the front harness to the wheel bearing. You will need to get the code to determine which side is the issue if it is what I mentioned.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are replacing the wheel barings, but how do you make the lights go off on the dashboad once they are replaced?
If they are the issue, then you can either use a scan tool or take the battery cables off, touch the ends together for 10 seconds, then attach them to the battery. This will reset the light. Also if the issue is fixed you can just try driving it. It will clear when it sees the fault is gone.