GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

How do you remove the shift knob on a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

How do you remove the shift knob on a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix? I am trying to replace the heater core. Or, is there an easy way to get to the heater core without removing part of the dash?

Welcome. THere is a clip in the front that you need to remove so you can lift the shifter off.

Object Number: 289503  Size: SH

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I found that and tried to push the clip but it didn't release. Please describe in detail how to release the clip and complete the rest of the repair. If I find the help useful I will pay more than the deposit. I am trying to replace the heater core. Are there any other obstacles or helpful hints I should know about?

You use a small screw driver to pull it out. It is like a long staple.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, that worked. Thanks! Now how about the rest of my question? I understand how this works because I am coin operated as well. So what would be a fair price to help me get through the rest of this repair from this point to when I have replaced the heater core? Would it work better via phone? Please advise.
Bring the total up to 15 and use THESE instructions for the replacemetn.