Experience:  ASE A1-A8 w/L1 GM master technician.Factory certified/40 years experience

I have a 1999 pontiac sunfire, everything on the dash is light

Customer Question

I have a 1999 pontiac sunfire, everything on the dash is light up like a christmas tree. All warning lights are on. I have a full tank of gas which now dont read, my rpm's, tempature, and speedometer needles don't move, when I touch the brake these lights will flicker and then I will get slight movement in these rpm's and speedometer, tempature but only part way then as soon as I put the car in drive I lose these readings again but the dash remains light up. I also only have daytime running lights which flicker if i hit a very slight bump. Nothing can be found in the wiring as of yet but there are alot of complaints on here for the thingy in the steering column for the day time, low and high beam lights, could that be the problem? Or is my car just toast.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

You most likely have a instrument panel cluster that is shorted to voltage internally.The instrument panel cluster should be removed & sent to an AC Delco repair facility for repair.