John, GM FACTORY CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE A1-A8 w/L1 GM master technician.Factory certified/40 years experience
6408229

code po601 po606..replace..gas pedal module

Customer Question

have a code    PO601          PO606        shoukd i try to go further or just replace the gas pedal module
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
-What year,model,& transmission is your Pontiac ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
06 pon grand prix 3.8 non sc at driving down road car shuts down shows a engine powering down on display will not turn over after that but will start after sits 10 or so min
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Ok,These codes are set because the PCM detects that the check sum value is incorrect for 0.05 second &The PCM detects that the TAC system has a process sequence error, clock error, or processor is not operating correctly.This problem is usually the throttle actuator control.Before replacing the TAC check the wiring from the PCM to the TAC,I have seen some of the wires broken inside the insulation within a foot of the TAC.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have ordered the app thinking thats the problem but i will also ckeck that the weird thing is when i drive it it dnt act up with me just my wife lol
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
OK