Scott K
Scott K, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM and Pontiac Experience ASE Master Certified W/L1

Pontiac Montana: front driver side window wont go up, but will go

Pontiac Montana - front driver side window won't go up, but will go down - how to fix

Hello and welcome to Just answer,

What year is your montana?

How do you get it back up after it goes down? I guess my real question for you is did the window stop working at the bottom of its travel and now the window no longer works? Or have you verified that down still works somehow?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Pontiac Montana 2001

Issue 1 - resolved - passenger side window switch broken to the point where it was always a crap-shoot to see if you could get it to go back up after it went down (had to work both passenger side and driver side switches (driver side has a switch for the passenger side). This was resolved by buying a used passenger side window switch today for $15.

Issue 2 - two days ago the driver side window decided it would no longer go up. It has been going down every time I push the switch down (small short moves to test the switch), but it will not go up. I know I need to replace the switch, but none are available locally yet. Immediate solution required is to jump the window motor at the connector to make the windw go up. I tried doing this but no combination of jumping A to B, C, D, E, F, G, or H, and B to C, D, E, F, G, H, and ... has worked.

What might you suggest to get the window to go up as a temporary fix?

E (dark blue) would be power to the motor and A (brown) would be the ground in the up position. reversed for down.

If power and ground are present at the switch then jumping E to H yellow wire and A to G black wire the motor should go up as long as the motor is good and the wiring to the motor is good.