Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

2001 Grand Prix: ignition switch..fuses..Blower Motor..intermittent

Customer Question

Hello, I replaced an ignition switch in a 2001 Grand Prix to repair a power source problem to the fuses in the Heater/AC Blower Motor Controls. Basically no low speeds and intermittent high speed. The problem was fixed but now the radio does not shut off. I found the RAP in the circuit in "All Data" (Some/Incomplete Data) All that I see in all data is the Main Ign source normally opened through the relay with no source of ground or power to tell the relay to do its thing. I used a Factory replacement Ign. switch/harness assy. Is there a connection between the RAP Power Source and the Climate Control Power Supply (Orange 10g Wire from ign switch) Thank You Norm, Clverdale, CA
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
is it possible that the new switch is acting like its stuck in accesorry when the keys out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Car came in 30 minutes ago and yes,, Thank You that is what is happening. The boss bought the switch through Kragen it was a ac delco. Is there a common problem with this
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
im wondering if the syc from the switch to the lock cylinder is off..can you pop out the switch and see if with a screw driver you can make it all work correctly? i think its that simple..because the problem wasnt there before and now it is..see if the sync is off from the switch to the cylinder
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
cust. hasthe car I will find out this weekend. Didn't really look posible to get off synch, but it was a very busy day that day. Thank You I'lllet you know
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
ok let mw know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well I fixed it. It was a defective new switch. It was not an AC Delco. It was a Borg Warner. The replacement was a Neihoff. Probably nothing to do with Brand Name. All three are probably made at the same factory in Taiwan. The replacement did say Taiwan.. Also F.Y.I. There is no synch necessary. The part is plug and play. Thank You. You hit the Diagnosis right on the nose. I left you positive feedback
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
thank you..good job