FIXITMAN, Mater Technician

2003 Pontiac Bonneville: shakes..2) injector wires..engine light comes

2003 Pontiac Bonneville - intermittent vibration (sometimes it shakes you in your boots) with service engine light blinking. Have had it to mechanic 3 times: 1) Manifold gasket changed 2) injector wires replaced 3) computer replaced - totaling a repair bill of $1800. Vibration is still there, although not every day....and service engine light comes on intermittently, but not blinking.
HelloCustomer what size engine do you have in the vehicle? Does the vibration only happen when the check engine light comes on? Will the vibration stop as soon as you take your foot off of the gas?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
V6 - 3800 (L36) engine. The vibration occurs, then the "service engine soon" light comes on, sometimes blinking, sometimes continuous, then going off once I continue to drive. Initially, prior to repair #1, the car would shake even with foot off gas...putting car in netural would sometimes decrease intensity of vibration, but it would still be there. After repair #3, (a week ago) vibration occurred a couple of times when I started the car and backed out of the garage. Once I start moving, vibration ceases; and in one instance, the "service engine soon" light would then come on.
Okay. How many miles are on this vehicle? WIll the check engine light turn off as soon as the vibration stops? Has the computer been scanned for codes when the light was on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
78,000 miles............and, yes, the computer was scanned for codes when the light was on.
Okay. There are several possible issues here. If the computer has showed a misfire code when this happens then you may have a fuel injector that is failing or possibly carbon build up in the engine. It is also common for the throttle position sensor to read wrong on this vehicle and cause a vibration. Other than these the other common issues are transmission related. I have seen the torque converter cause problems if the converter clutch is acting up.