Greg A
Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Experience:  Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ Years
5229702

have 2000 pontiac grand prix security light flashing how do

have 2000 pontiac grand prix security light flashing how do you disable it
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Greg A replied 7 years ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Does the vehicle start at this time?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
car was towed in charged battery it started no codes shown security light flashes for about 4 minutes then goes out car is still starting an running
Expert:  Greg A replied 7 years ago.

Hi again,

If the battery is getting weak, then there will be a tendency for the security system to "forget" the information about what keys are allowed to start the vehicle. So if you are sure that the battery is in good condition, or it has to be replaced, you can try one of the procedures I have included below (as a PDF file) to reprogram the system. I recommend the 30 minute procedure as it does not require any special tools, but you will have to follow the procedure carefully. If the battery is not in good condition, I would getting that replaced first.

Reprogramming

You should be able to click on the above link to view the file and print it out.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Take Care, Greg A.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i wanted to know how to unhooked the wire in the steering column an bypass the security system
Expert:  Greg A replied 7 years ago.

Hi again,

There is no procedure to bypass the security system. It is integrated into the system so that each piece has to be in place for the vehicle to start and continue to run properly. If any of the components are replaced, then the system has to be reprogrammed to be able to continue operation.

Sorry about that.

Take Care, Greg A.