car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years master tech and shop owner

My car stalls when i slow down to make a turn sometimes. I

My car stalls when i slow down to make a turn often. It only does it when it's completeley warmed up. It's a 99 grand am with a 4 cylinder. I've changed the spark plugs and fuel filter recently too.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  car tech replied 7 years ago.
how is it running when it is warm in park is it shaking not running smooth and does it start right back up and are you able to put it back in gear and drive off
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It runs fairly smooth when in park and warm. It might shake when idle but only the slightest bit. Every once in a while though when i come to a complete stop and i press the gas it slightly hesitates before it gets up and goes. Yes it does start right back up after it dies during slow-down turns. It's just kinda scary when it happens though because i have to come to a complete stop or put it in neutral and hope it doesn't stall at a busy intersection.

Thanks for the help
Expert:  car tech replied 7 years ago.
do you ever get a check engine light on
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yeah every once in a while. I did have a reading run on it when the light was on several months back and it gave me the code: P0172 "System too rich. Bank 1"
Expert:  car tech replied 7 years ago.
this will give me a place to give me some tme to work on this
Expert:  car tech replied 7 years ago.
the o2 sensor could be bad a bad injector or a loose tp sensor or one out of specs