Rick
Rick, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 YEARS GM DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE, JUST A FEW TESTS BEFORE GM WORLD CLASS STATUS
13057657

2003 Pontiac aztek: radio/CD player..a bulb is..radio display

2003 Pontiac Aztec radio/CD player display lighting is out. It appears that a bulb is out on the left side of the radio display, preventing the time and radio station to be shown.
What is the corrective action for broken digital display on the radio?

hi

i'm very sorry to inform you that there are no bulbs in radio, all light omitting diodes, olny radio repair shop can repair, usually replace circuit board in radio, your local dealer can order an exchange, also needs to be programmed when installed, only dealer can do

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Rick, Thank you for the answer. Your information is very helpful. The radio is with a car that I am purchasing for my son tomorrow; Do you recommend that I request a circuit board be ordered?

hi ,

i'm sorry , you may have misunderstood, yes it is an internal radio problem, can't get circuit board by itself, radio shop can send complete exchange radio ,with new circuit board installed, dealer must install exchange radio and program, you could get used radio, may have same problem, also can send your radio out for repair, but will be withour radio for 10 days , if not getting advance exchage...only pontiac dealer can get exchange