Matt J
Matt J, Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Tech,10+ Yrs Experince All Makes,Advance Training On All GM Makes

1999 Pontiac Montana: wipers only work..park..motor crank arm..circuit

Customer Question

1999 Pontiac Montana, wipers only work on high and they don't park. I've been told to replace windshield wiper motor crank arm and wiper motor transmission (circuit board). What do I need to know to do that? Thanks
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Matt J replied 7 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be more than happy to assist you.

Here are the instructions to replace the wiper motor system. Click on link below

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do the wipers need to be in any particular position when you replace everything?
Expert:  Matt J replied 7 years ago.

No there is no certain position the wiper have to be in when you hook the wiper transmission up to the new wiper motor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Matt, your instructions helped me to replace the motor. However the wiper blades do not "park". Any suggestions?

Thanks and I will accept your previous answer in just a minute.
Expert:  Matt J replied 7 years ago.
There are 3 things that can cause the problem, The Wiper Switch, The Wiper Motor Cover, or Wiring.

Your problem is either going to be the Switch or Wiper Motor Cover. There is one quick test you can do to find out which one it is. Click on link for instructions

Wiper Park Test