Carhelp4u, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Certification

How much does oil pan gasket repair cost on a 2000 grand p

Customer Question

How much does oil pan gasket repair cost on a 2000 grand prix
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Do you know the engine size that your model has? Do you have an idea what your local hourly labor rate is?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I live in albuquerque and my engine is a V6
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
There is two different options as far as the engine is concerned. There is a 3.1 or a 3.8. This makes a little difference, but I can give you a better idea if you can tell me the exact engine. These are both V6 engines.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im not sure could you tell me for both?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

Ok, the 3.1 engine would require 4 hours and an oil pan gasket that is $69.23. I cannot be certain of the exact hourly rate at the shop your are dealing with, but I would figure $100 per hour to be a good national average. So at this average rate, I would figure this repair would be $469.23 plus an oil change.

If this engine is the 3.8 model, you will need to figure for 4.2 hours of labor and $59.99 for the gasket. So this repair should be close to $479.99 plus the oil change. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!