Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Kohler faucet K-6131 on our kitchen sink for two

I have a Kohler faucet K-6131 on our kitchen sink for two years now.
The hot water has been slowly losing pressure and is approx at 50 percent flow rate.
I replaced shut off valve because it was about 20 years old and pressure is good at the valve. The house has a whole house water filter system and is running at 80 psi out of the filter. I'm suspecting that there is a blockage/sediment/stuff blocking the flow inside the faucet.
I want to take the faucet apart to see if that's the case but as a DYI guy...I'm not sure and cannot find instructions on how to do this.
Can you give me some advice as to what to do next?
Thanx in advance
Greg

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Pull the handle off and the cartrige out of the faucet body then turn the hot water back if t doesn't have good flow with the cartridge out then there's something stuck in the faucet body. If it has good flow but not with the cartridge back in place then you need a new cartridge. To remove the handle you have to turn the bell shaped section just below the handle

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK handle is off.....how do I pull the cartridge...lefty loosey with 5/8" deep socket?

Counter clockwise off, with a deep socket if you can't reach it with an open end. If the cartridge is the culprit Kohler should given you a new one no charge. It has a lifetime warranty. Call 800-4KOHLER