Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Old house with newish but cheap faucets. Probably a year ago

Customer Question

Old house with newish but cheap faucets. Probably a year ago the hot water in the bathroom sink just kept running one day after I turned it off. Played with the handle a little bit but it only ran more like the handle was wide open. I actually took the cartridge? out of the handle and it appeared to work fine although I'm not sure what I was looking for exactly. Turned off below the sink and used the cold water only for a bit until the same thing happened to it. Quit using that bathroom. Recently the kitchen sink hot water did the same thing. Worked fine until one day I shut it off and it stayed on just like I hadn't turned it off. Replaced the faucet with an OakBrook Pacifica Series Brushed Nickel Two Handle Kitchen Faucet With Side Spray Item no:(###) ###-####from Ace Hardware. Less than two months later the hot water has done it again. Why does this keep happening? Is this really just 3 faulty faucets? Can the hot water be too hot? But then it happened to the cold also in the bathroom? Please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like just poor quality faucets. Even your new one is poor quality. If you want the faucets to last stick with a name brand like; Kohler, American Standard, Moen, Delta.