Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a rinnai RL 94 mounted outside. It is on pool house

Customer Question

I have a rinnai RL 94 mounted outside. It is on pool house that is only used periodically and not lived in full time. What is the procedure for draining the unit, instead of running hot water inside, to prevent freezing to the valves under the unit. Thanks
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: No, didn't check the thermostat or filters. The hot and cold water pipes are insulated. The valves under the unit are not.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm a farmer and fairly mechanically inclined. pretty sure this is something I can handle.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What is the procedure for turning the unit off and properly draining?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you have the manual (I can provide a link if you don't) the draining procedure is on page 42. If you want to drain the lines below it you'll need to have drain valves in the piping below it. The best option if this will be exposed to freezing temps is to blow the lines below it out with an air compressor

Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Do you have more questions?