Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Water heater is leaking...I don't know which know to turn

Customer Question

Hi water heater is leaking...I don't know which know to turn off, green or blue above the heater
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I just woke up to it this morning. Not too bad as of now..but still leaking.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, trying to get in contact with the landlord. But I would like to turn everything off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's about it. Ito electric heater. Already turn of the heater from the circuit breaker. But would like to turn off and drain till I get someone here.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

As you face the front of the tank trace the pipe that goes into the right side back. The first shut off you come to will shut the water off into the tank

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

If you want to drain the tank open a hot water (only) faucet after you hook a hose on the hose drain at the bottom of the tank.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Do you have more questions?