Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I put cabbage down my insinkewrator and now my right siede

Customer Question

I put cabbage down my insinkewrator and now my right siede sink is 1/2 full of water and shredded cabbage and won't drrain ansd the left side (insinkerator) won't work properly. The reset button is up in the frame of the insinkeraatppor
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: just happened this afternoon and the water won't drain in my right side sink
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really, how do I get the reset button top drop down so I can reset it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What do you mean the ISE isn't working proeprly. The only time the reset button will pop out is if the motor can't turn.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I turn on the disposal and the waste water in the right sink starts backing up into the left sink
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You have a stoppage and you'll need to clear it. It may just be in the trap beneath the sink so you can try cleaning out the trap. If that doesn't work then you'll need to snake the drain.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I turn on the disposal and the waste water i n the right sink starts backing up[ in the left insinkeratopr sink
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Did you see my last response

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Here it is again in case it didn't display for you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** it cleared. Will they be charging my Visa Card $5.00?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome. Please address payment questions to customer service, I only answer plumbing questions.