Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

A few days ago, the handle on the faucet of the tub broke

A few days ago, the handle on the faucet of the tub broke off. A piece of the the fixture broke off too. Then, the water pressure at that spigot got very low. My husband put in a new piece and a new handle, but the water pressure is still low, It is the hot water fixture. We have a tankless water heater. The hot water pressure in the rest of the house seems okay, but it is bad at that fixture. Any ideas of what could be wrong?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem? Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The bad water pressure started yesterday. It is very low. If my husband can figure out what is wrong and thinks he can fix it, he will do that. If he can't we will call a plumber.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Our tankless heater is 10 years old. Don't know if that matters.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the problem is only in the tub then it's not the water heater that's the problem. Can you post a picture of the faucet. Click on ADD FILES next to the SEND button to post pics here

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, I am not at home, Rick. The faucet is fixed since my husband changed the bad piece and put on a new handle. He says the water pressure is better, but it is still low. He thinks there might be some debris in it or something. Does that sound correct? If so, is there any way he can fix that?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No need to call. If you can just give me an idea of how to proceed, that would be great. Thanks.

Debris is possible. He can flush out the debris but turning off the water to the faucet then remove the stem then turn the water back on.

If this is a single handle faucet then the cartridge would have to be removed to flush it out

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay. Thanks. I will tell him to try this. If this doesn't work, any other ideas?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It's not a single-handle faucet. It's a double.

A loose washer (assuming a 2 or 3 handle faucet) or a part that isn't original equipment can also cause this problem.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay. I will tell him to check that. Thank you so much. Bye for now.

You're welcome