Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Pelican water filter consisting of: debris, carbon,

I have a Pelican water filter consisting of: debris, carbon, ?? filter and a UV filter. So the disinfectant (chlorine) or what ever has been removed - now my toilets develop stain and mildew within a week or so - is there any additive that I can add to the bowls, tank or what ever that do not damage my toilets or system?

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Any of the toilet bowl cleaners you can buy in the store (Clorox, Lysol, etc) are safe and won't damage the bowl or the system.

Cleaners that go through the tank (are more or less automatic) contain chlorine which will damage/eat away the rubber part in the tank.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

So is the deterioration faster than chlorinated water? Are there plastic parts to replace the rubber parts. Which tank additive is the least damaging?

There are no tank additives that I can recommend and every manufacturer will void their warrant if they are used. Yes the chlorine concentrations are much higher than what's in the water

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank You

You're welcome

I'd appreciate a favorable rating