Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I HAVE A BURNHAM ES2 BOILER I JUST INSTALLED, HOWEVER, AFTER

Customer Question

I HAVE A BURNHAM ES2 BOILER I JUST INSTALLED, HOWEVER, AFTER A FEW DAYS I STARTED GETTING AN "ERROR 63" NOTICE AND THE UNIT WOULD SHUT DOWN. ANY IDEA WHY THIS WOULD HAPPEN. I HAVE NO OPTIONAL CARDS ON THE BOILER.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Since this unit is brand new I'd suspect a bad/loose connection. Check all your connections including the chasis ground wire.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
everything has been checked and rechecked. However, I was told that the Burnham ES2 series boiler has a problem with the pilot assembly and it must be changed. Have you encountered this before? This seems to alleviate the "ERROR 63" (SOFT LOCKOUT) problem; what's your opinion?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You wish to call me to walk me through it...why? what is there to be walked through?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

You need to contact the Burnham rep or have your plumber contact the rep. This is a warranty issue and the ball is squarely in Burnham's court. Our rep is great and very helpful.

The call prompt is automatic. I have nothing to do with it. We can continue here

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I contacted Burnham and they are unwilling to live up to it. i was just wondering if you have come across this before? i have tried everything else and have memorized the manual, but to no avail.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

No I haven't personally run across this. Did you or a plumber install this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We, my plumber and I, installed it. i am a contracto and have a lic. plumber that i work with.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Then stay on the plumber or his supply house. We have installed Burnham for over 30 years. They have always been very responsive to warranty issues. Somebody is dropping the ball here.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will give it a try. i have also used and recommended Burnham for about thirty years without incident. Is there any other that i might be missing?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Not that I can determine from your description.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
checking he wiring is the only thing you can think of?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

This is either a wiring or a control issue. You can't bench test the control. It works or it doesn't. So wiring is the only thing you can check.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

You're welcome