Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Rheem water heater that the Honeywell gas valve and

Customer Question

I have a Rheem water heater that the Honeywell gas valve and temperature control unit has quit working
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I checked the thermostat. It gives 7 flashes and the pilot light will no longer stay lit. The filters along the base c/t the air intake holes seems to be fairly clean. I didn't notice an access door to actually remove it though.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I guess I'm wondering if the unit is still under warranty or if you have a Rheem product that would work the temp in lieu of the Honeywell. Availability is an issue
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the model number of your unit? how old is it? if you don't know give me the serial number.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll have to look that up when I get home. I didn't bring my notes on that to work with me.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a reference # for this conversation that I can get? I can get back on line from home to further this discussion.
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Just bookmark this page or log into your account here and the thread link will display. I'm online until ~ 7 pm EST. I do take breaks. I'll respond as soon as I can.