Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I need help with my deep well pump. Everybody left me here

Customer Question

I need help with my deep well pump. Everybody left me here with no running water and i have no idea what I'm doing.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

First thing to check is the breaker in the breaker panel. Is the one for the well tripped? It can be difficult to tell so turn it off then back on again. If that doesn't work then tell me what the pressure is on the pressure gauge at the holding tank for the well

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
They left it all pulled up and taken apart. I have a 3/4 HP submersible pump to put back in... But I think in going to need more wire and PVC because the motor that was in the well burned up from not being submerged.
Expert:  Rick replied 21 days ago.

I'm sorry but if you have no idea what you're doing then this is not a job for you. It's not a DIY job at all. You need to call in a professional well company to deal with this.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
There is only one near me that I can find and they won't help. I live in Merced ca. Is there anyone you can reccomend?
Expert:  Rick replied 21 days ago.

I'm sorry I don't know anyone where you are. Maybe one of my colleaugues does

Expert:  Paul the Plumber replied 20 days ago.

My name is***** have been doing well pumps for 20 years.

Have you solved your pump issue yet?? Did you say you have a brand new pump ready to go down the well?

Lets get some info here.......I should be able to help if you still need it

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I haven't figured it out yet. getting ready to put the pump down the well and I hope that the wires are waterproof
Expert:  Paul the Plumber replied 16 days ago.

Have you solved this issue??

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We dropped another pump but now there is black tinged water coming from the well. Could it be oil? That's what it feels like. And whatever it is made the new pump seize.