Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Ive been experiencing intense vibration coming from my

Customer Question

Hi, ive been experiencing intense vibration coming from my toilet and walls for the past month. This might seem a little bit strange, but my downstairs neighbor's have a fan connected to my toilet. i've heard water running, and some weird noise that sounds like something is being backed up, thus that's when my toilet starts to vibrate. Is there a connection between my toilet and the pipes that's causing this loud vibration? Hope this makes sense.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It's been over a month. I've experienced some strange things with my toilet now.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, i'm not experienced. I'm not sure if this is something worth mentioning to management to see what's causing the noise.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

While it's possible the downstairs fan housing may be up against the toilet drain pipe and may be causing some vibration it's not connected to your toilet.

Vibration in water piping is not uncommon and has a number of different causes. Since you have a water pipe connected to your toilet that vibration could transfer to your toilet. Yes, you should mention this to the property manager