Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a 2 and half year old kitchen faucet with pull down

Customer Question

I have a 2 and half year old kitchen faucet with pull down spout...not sure of model, came with new house. It was leaking around ball handle, at base, and dripping down cold water line under sink. plumber came this morning and just hand tightened water connection,ran water for 5 minutes, no leaking. I do not remember if he checked under sink but this after noon, it is all puddles underneath and it drips again at ball handle. I cost $180 to do almost nothing. Should i go buy a new faucet, install according to you tube! and forget this one?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Judging by the swolen bits of wood under counter, awhile. It is always wet around faucet on counter but I thought I splashed a lot. Probably weeks but it had flowed out of floor of cabinet and made big puddle on kitchen floor last night.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would not like to pay another plumber! My husband might help but I am willing to try if it s not too complicated. I watched a you tube. Could i do more damage installing myself?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This faucet, it is not fixable?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumber Matthew replied 1 month ago.

Replacing a kitchen faucet should be a fairly simple job but before we get in to that, have you called the plumber back that looked at it this morning? They should have a warranty on their work.