Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

I had the Moen Oxby Spot Resist Brushed Nickel 1-Handle

Customer Question

I had the Moen Oxby Spot Resist Brushed Nickel 1-Handle Bathtub and Shower Faucet with Rain Showerheadinstalled in my new shower. I love the faucet,but the water doesn't get hot. My kitten and bathroom sink will get very hot but the shower only gets tepid.his can I get a hot shower?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Is this the positemp or moentrol?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know. I didn't see any paper work for the faucet. It has one handle for the water and only turns about 90 degrees.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

There is a stop adjustment for the handle you would have to remove the handle and move the white plastic piece. The handle is held on with a set screw. The white plastic pieces stop the handle from turning further so you would align the two white plastic pieces and replace the handle. There is no need to turn off the main water to make this adjustment.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Be sure to cover the drain to prevent dropping anything down the drain.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry I forgot one step. When you remove the handle there is the adapter for the handle you will have to remove that also it is held on with a screw.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I am headed out for breakfast with the family and if there is any further clarification needed I will be glad to continue to help then. I will be back in an hour or so.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I am back if you have any further questions. Were you able to get the issue resolved?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't pull it up. "Need the hookup diagram,between the NAD and the EQ Later ** *"
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

You were not able to find the hex screw that holds the handle on? What was it that you could not pull up and what is NAD and EQ?